Santa Fe Institute will be accepting applications for the 2016 Cohort until 1 November 2015. Candidate interviews will be conducted in late January 2016 in Santa Fe, NM. Apply online: www.santafe.edu/ofellowship
The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute is unique among postdoctoral appointments. The Institute has no formal programs or departments. Research is collaborative and spans the physical, natural, and social sciences. Most research is theoretical and/or computational in nature, although some research includes an empirical component. SFI averages 10 resident faculty, 100 external faculty, and 250 visitors per year. SFI's research themes and interests of its faculty and current fellows can be found at www.santafe.edu/research.
As thought leaders who shape the future of science, Omidyar Fellows participate in a provocative training program structured to develop leadership skills throughout their three-year residencies and beyond. The program focuses on sustained mentoring relationships with SFI resident and external faculty, skill development workshops, off-campus research and teaching experiences, and the variety of scholarly leadership and science management opportunities at SFI.
The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute offers you:
- transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide
- up to three years in residence in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- discretionary research and collaboration funds
- competitive salary and generous benefits
- a structured leadership training program
- unparalleled intellectual freedom
- a Ph.D. in any discipline (or expected Ph.D. by September 2016)
- strong computational and quantitative skills
- an exemplary academic record
- a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research
- evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms
Applications are welcome from:
- candidates from any country
- candidates from any discipline
- women and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
SFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.santafe.edu/ofellowship and submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae (including publications list).
- Statement of research interests (max. 2 pages) including a short description of the research you would like to pursue and why.
- Description of interest in SFI (max. 1 page) that describes your potential contribution to the SFI community and also explains the potential impact of SFI on your research. Consider addressing one or more of the following: What kind of input from other fields would most improve your future research? What type of multidisciplinary workshop might you want to organize during your Fellowship? What aspects of your present or future research are difficult to pursue in a traditional academic environment?
- Three letters of recommendation from scholars who know your work. (The letters should be sent independent of the application. When you complete the online application, please be prepared to provide e-mail addresses of the three individuals who will recommend you. SFI will contact them directly with instructions for submitting letters.)
- (Optional) A copy of one paper you have written in English, either published or unpublished.
Inquiries: email to